Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Rugby!

This weekend was the rugby match between the New Zealand All Blacks and the French team (Les Bleus). I had to put aside my love of New Zealand for a night and root for France mostly for my own safety but also because they were the home team and the under dogs. We watched the match at a bar called L'Atalante where they had an outdoor projection screen set up. It was really exciting and intense and it was only the quarter finals! Rugby is fairly easy to follow if you're a fan of American football. If you see a guy running really fast to his end with the ball/kick it really far to his end that means that they're going to score a goal (don't say touchdown or the French boy next to you who speaks perfect English will laugh at you). They even have an extra point kick after they score a "touchdown" (except its really 2 extra points). Don't ask me to explain why they sometimes pick each other up by the shorts. I'll never get that. Probably the coolest part of the game was at the beginning when they were trying to initimidate each other and the All Blacks did a Maori war dance that I remembered from my time in New Zealand. In any event Les Bleus a gagné so everyone went wild and sang the Marseillaise and chanted "Allez Les Bleus!" It was very exciting.

In other news, 2 of my new found friends had birthdays recently which were both really fun. And Sophia was here this weekend which was also really fun and will hopefully be happening a lot. Yesterday I moved into my sweet new pad and got my room (sort of) set up. Today I'm going to try to cook dinner in my new kitchen!

I guess that's it for now. I'll add pictures when the wifi gets worked out in my new place (this weekend supposedly). In the mean time Sophia's been able to add lots so check her blog for those! I'm so amped for Saturdays rugby match against Angleterre!! I'll keep you posted on the results!

No comments: