Thursday, October 18, 2007

My new roommate!

I have a new roommate! She sleeps in the same room as me but she's usually awake eating all night and sleeps all day. She's a mosquito! I would tell you her name but the things I call her aren't fit to publish. Last night she bit me on the end of my nose. I had never experienced the urge to mortally wound another creature until last night when I sat in bed, half asleep, at 4am waiting for her to fly by so I could kill her. Tomorrow one of my fellow teachers is going to give me a truc that emits some kind of sound only mosquitos can hear and keeps them away (supposedly). I really hope it works since she especially likes to bite my face and there's only so much that makeup can cover!

Other than that (and the lack of Internet) my new house is wonderful and my roommates are très sympa! It's SO nice to have a kitchen. La Dolce Vegan is getting a work out (especially since I discovered that sweet potatoes and squash are available at the market and that international and tofu type foods are available at the organic food store).

2 comments:

Sophia said...

Hahahaha, you and your never ending mosquito stories. We have a store in Lannion called Cash Affairs which sells fly swappers for a dollar if you're interested. Maybe that's how I can get you to come up here to visit me ;)

Unknown said...

hi! i am finally writing a comment! woops, sorry...

i am sorry to hear about your mosquito friend. i would have given you my net, but who knew there are mosquitos in Rennes? so how are the kiddies/the weather/the french dudes? i would love to skype and hear everything, maybe on a weekend when we can coordinate times. i am still very much considering coming to see you :) keep blogging so i can live vicariously through you and my other cool friend abroad.