Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to write in a while. We still don't have the Internet hooked up in my house and since I only work 3 days a week, Thursday through Monday I am basically without Internet.

This weekend was the semi-final for the Rugby World Cup and, unfortunately, France lost to England. I think the loss was especially painful because England and France have such a long standing rivalry. I also watched the other semi-final in which a very scrappy Argentinian team was badly beaten by South Africa. (A non-Anglophone country has never won the Rugby World Cup.) Argentina's team was really adorable, though, and they all cried during their national anthem (that was before they lost, so they are just an emotional group I guess).

In other news, yesterday I was in Rennes for my medical appt. (which all non-EU citizens must have to make sure we don't have tuberculosis or something). The appt. itself was uneventful but it was fun being back in Rennes (although, the nurse who checked my eyes did tell me I had the vision of a pilot!!). We ate lunch at a really good crêperie in the Place Sainte Anne where I had a ratatouille and egg crêpe. After that, we did a little shopping and headed home.

My classes have been going fairly well. Some better than others, of course, but for the most part, well. I did have one girl not understand the word "Paris", which was alarming since she'd been studying English for 4 years, but I have also had some students whose levels were surprisingly good.

Also, Sophia and I are going to Ireland for our Toussaint vacation!! Dublin and Cork! It should be very exciting.

Hopefully, someday before I leave France I'll have the internet in my very own home and I'll be able to load pictures. On verra. . .


2 comments:

Sophia said...

Woohoo Ireland!! Now that all the hostels are booked I am really excited... especially for Cobh actually, haha.

Anonymous said...

If you stay at Ashfield House in Dublin, be warned there is a little man who secretly lives there and will hide his blue undies in your luggage, especially if you stay in the big room.

But anywayyy, it's such a fun city I know you'll have a great time even if you do end up bunking with him :)