Monday, October 1, 2007

I'm in the Teachers' Lounge!

So, turns out, I can access the ENTIRE Internet IF I hide in the Salle des Profs. Apparently the computers here are not restricted at all. I had been using the computers in the library before. One of the librarians told me today that if I wanted to use AIM (well she said messagerie or something like that) I should go into the Teachers' Lounge because the kids will get jealous if they see me chatting away. So, I came in and Voilà! access to the whole Internet! Very exciting!
Another very exciting piece of news: Today, Michael (the other assistant) and I got our teaching schedules and not only will I only be teaching 12 hours a week but I don't have any classes on Mondays or Fridays! What's up four day weekend!? Also, Tues.,Wed., and Thurs. I don't start 'til 10! Sounds good to me! We start Thursday and I'm actually less nervous about that then most of the other things I need to do because teaching will be completely in English.
Last night I met a bunch of other assistants, both German and American and apparently there are even more to meet. We have our stage (orientation) on Wed. for the whole département so maybe then I'll meet even more. Also, since Lannion is in the same département as St. Brieuc, Sophia will be coming to town Wednesday! In the mean time the assistants I met last night seemed really fun. I'm really excited to hang out with them more.
I'm still in the process of finding an apartment. There were lots of cheap apartments advertised in the Saturday paper so I just have to work up the courage to call and pray that they don't mind leasing for only 8ish months. That's all for now!

No comments: