Monday, September 17, 2007

Paris!

While Sophia has been industriously blogging away I've been too lazy to try to type on the mixed up French keyboard. I've decided that was no longer an excuse and I am going to try and muddle through. We are staying with Sophia's aunt and uncle in the suburbs of Paris in a town called Chelles. Her family is extremly warm and welcoming and the kids are adorable (see her blog for pictures). Two days ago we took the train into Paris and walked from Notre Dame to Les Invalides. We almost made it a little farther to the Eiffel Tower but a directions related mishap had already set us back a few minutes and we had to be home in time to eat one of Lila's delicious dinners. The night before a mosquito had bitten me on the eyelid and by that morning it was really swollen and creepy looking. I had to wear sunglasses all day so no one tried to kidnap me and make me ring the bells in Notre Dame. Sophia and I will post our Paris pictures when we can use our own computers but you'll never see my Quasimodo eye! We are going into Paris again today; this time we can take pictures sans sunglasses! I'm going to help Sophia with breakfast; sounds of a struggle are coming from the kitchen!

No comments: