Monday, December 3, 2007

ça souffle!

I don't know how to make a capital "ç"

Have you ever experienced wind so strong you actually couldn't breath? If not, I suggest you move to Brittany because that happens here all the time. When it's blowing right in your face its like the air is moving so fast your nose can't catch it. Also, when it rains, there's really no point in bringing an umbrella because it will turn inside out as soon as you step outside.

This weekend I had another party. This one was a crémaillère (house warming party). The party was great and Maud's friends came too, which was also lots of fun. Here are some pictures:

This is Maud and this is her favorite pose:


This is Ben and Chantal laughing at a Québécois CD:


Me and Chantal:


Maud and Erwan deep in conversation:


Olivier, possibly asleep:


Hannah and Phillip:


There were other people at the party but I don't love taking pictures and so I only did it for about 5 minutes. If you were in the bathroom/getting a snack during those 5 minutes, sorry!


I have befriended one of the other English teachers at my school and sometimes on Wednesday afternoons, when neither of us work, she takes me to interesting places around Brittany. So far we've gone to Blinic and Paimpol. The beach near Paimpol was really beautiful. It looked like the beaches near Lannion except that the stones were less round and more jagged. They were still sort of pink though and so, especially since the tide was out, it looked like we could have been on Mars (except, obviously, for the English Channel just beyond the rocks; not very Martian). Before we went to Paimpol she had me over for lunch at her house where we had a lovely vegetable quiche and some delicious blue cheese afterwards. It's nice to feel like I have made a real friend at school who's nice to me because she likes me and not just to be polite.

Also, this weekend I am going to Strasbourg with my friend Chantal!!! I am really excited because it is one place in France I really wanted to make sure I visited. I wanted to go right before Christmas too becuase they have a Christmas market that is supposed to be the best in France. Here is a picture I stole from the Internet:


I am really excited and hope to find lots of good Christmas presents there!

That's all for now! Say a prayer to the Internet gods that the next time I write it will be from my very own home! The man is supposed to come this week . . .

1 comment:

Sophia said...

I'm envious! Wish I could go to Strasbourg and see the Christmas market. But really I have no one to blame but myself haha. Have a glass of Gluehwein for me while I am huffing and puffing away on the hills of Quintin hahaha.